Back to School - Winter Break is Over!


Back to School- Winter Break is Over!

Guest post from: Steve Delaney

Preparing the kids to go back to school after we had a two week long winter break was a bit of an ordeal. With 4 kids in two different schools, we had to adjust our schedules greatly after so long with not having to go to bed at a certain time, or with having to get up early. The older kids in high school started going to bed a few hours earlier to prepare themselves, as they have to get up the earliest. We do try to stick to a general time for bedtime during the holiday, but what with all the parties and celebrations, it can definitely get out of whack.

During this time, I made sure to keep up with the chores and housework, along with setting my HOME SECURITY alarm system. I didn't want a huge mess to deal with when all the kids were back in school- I wanted to have a couple days of relaxation, to tell you the truth. So I got the kids to help me the last few days, with cleaning up the toys and decorations and getting the house back in order. That way, we had everything ready for when morning came, and we were all able to get ready with minimal fuss. As much as I enjoy the holidays, I do enjoy the quietness the house now has to offer me!

No comments: